Friday, August 22, 2008

Perhentian Island Trip - Day 2 and 3

I nearly forgotten that I hadn't blog about the remaining days in Perhentian Island!
Gomen gomen~~

The next day as usual we went for the snorkeling trip... The pictures I posted in the 1st day trip was actually taken on the 2nd day... Hehe... But too many pictures so had to shift over.

This is the 'air tawar' ... it's so so near to the beach! Behind us are the beach already with the salty water and heat... But despite the weather... this 'air tawar' is damn cooling and tasted like water! I didn't drink it of course... the guy told us we could drink it straight if we wanted to... haha

Really nice to bath in the 'air tawar' ... Oh!! Wish I could go back there!!!

At the evening we went for a short jungle trekking... Wouldn't really say it's jungle trekking... but we walked through to the other side of the island. I forgot the resort's name...

We saw windmills and solar there... save energy!!!

This is the other resort on the other side of the island... took us about 30-40 mins to reach... It's really a nice beach with nicer jetty and filled with countless 'ang mohs'... haha~~
This is the place where we saw the turtle!

Then late evening we decided to snap some jumping pictures... Really had some good shots! Except mine though... hush~~

Well... many people asked us who went to this trip... when we said who went... everyone gave a very likely response...
"Ha? Why so odd combination one"
"So random one the people who went"
"You people used to click with each other one ar?"

Something like that la... actually... We had lots of fun in this trip... despite our differences and not used to hanging out together or not really from our gang etc...
Each of us had nothing much in common which actually filled this trip with more fun and unexpected events... And I didn't regret at all that 4 of us actually made it there and had a great and enjoyable time together...

Most of the time we couldn't stop laughing! Mostly thanks to our humble and funny, young joker... Boon How!!! Go go SP lang!!!
Hahaha...

This is him pretending how much he enjoyed the food or more likely the expression to savior the taste of good food... hehehe...

This was taken by me... ont he last day... I had no idea why did he run like this... hahaha

Bigger view~~ lol

This are the 3 person caught being busy and popular in a 'stranded' island... haha

At night we had nothing much to do... Since it was the last night, we decided to hang out and enjoy the breeze at the beach side... It was really breezy that night... while lying on the hammock swinging...

Then KC and BH decided to go for a walk nearby... AT and me still lying on the hammock feeling lazy... haha
Suddenly there was a voice... "Eh do you guys wanna see octopus?"
AT and me looked to our right... there was a guy sitting there... one of the workers...
We were curious since we never seen a live one before...
So we said, 'We'd love to!'

Shouted for KC and BH back... So waited around there... I actually thought they caught the octopus and wanted to show us...

Then another guy came and brought us out to the SEA!!! That time was about 9pm++... We were not fully prepared... torchlight in the room...camera in room!!! OMG!

Well handphone should do we hoped! My biggest mistake was to slot my RM50 in my handphone cover... which eventually drop somewhere in the sea while we were walking in the dark... Huhuhu... TT_TT

At night the water had already receded... So we could walk quite deep in... The sea water only reach our ankle... So first was, we spotted NEMO!!! More likely known as clown fish.. baby ones~~ So cute!!!

This thing I forgot what it's called... but I only remember it has 1001 types... We found a lot of it that night!

At first, we asked the guy should we walk without our slippers... the guy said,"No! You must wear slipper for safety!"
Why? Because in the sea there's this fish...

Stone fish... Really couldn't spot it if you're not an expert of sea creatures... One step on it... 5 mins later you'll be dead! Don't even have the time to go to a hospital... if there is any on the island... (=.=)" ...

It's quite scary lor!!! Because sometimes our slippers got caught in the 'mud-like' sand... and got holes here and there where we accidentally sunk our feet in... Felt something pricked our feet but luckily nothing happened!

We found a puffer fish! (Btw... all the pictures with different blog name on is not taken by me... XD ) This is also another poisonous fish!

Hermit crab! This is the crabby patty in Spongebob Squarepants! Never really seen a real life one... It's really fun that night! We really got a wider view of the sea creatures...

Still no sign of the octopus... so sad... And I actually lost RM50 just to see a real life octy! And the next thing I knew was... I was walking when suddenly... SERIOUSLY SUDDENLY...
Something wrapped my whole ankle and stick there not wanting to let go!!!

It's really like... I wanted to shout but no voice could come out ... then I really really got jumpy and said, 'Something grabbed my leg!!!'....I shouted as I lifted up my leg! KC was behind me. He thought what happened and shone his handphone light on my leg...

The creature straight let go of my leg since I lifted my leg out of the water already... Then they shone the light and saw something went under the rock and a small pool of coloured liquid... at a glance it looked red since it was dark at night... But it's actually black...

AT and the rest thought I was bleeding... actually that was the liquid from the octy... It's really a hell of an experience! I paid RM50 to the sea to be the FIRST to BE CAUGHT by an octy... hahaha

We couldn't stopped laughing...I think it grabbed my ankle because I might accidentally stepped on its tentacles... So dark cannot see ma...

This is another octy we found...I took these pics!!! This one had changed its colour to match the sand to save itself... camouflaged... Try to find the octy's tentacles and head on the right picture... Really had some good shots with our handphones...

See how long is the octy! They're actually like small octy only... not really that small la... This is supposed to be its skin colour before camouflaging...

What a night we had... Then, on our way back to the shore... we stopped by the Nemo's house again... The 2 guides wanted us to try catch it with our hands... Then we're not suppose to touch the sea anemone(Nemo's living house) with the back of our hands... only the palm side is ok... beats me why...

Too long to describe but I accidentally touched the sea anemone with the back of my hand... It felt like something burning at my hand and I quickly pulled my hand up at an instance... The pain didn't go away... It was killing me!!! The guy helped me rubbed some sand on my hand... he said should be fine... But even when we went back the room.. it still hurts... =(

Each time I washed my hand, it hurts... the burning sensation is always there! Only when I washed my hand with warm or hot water... It didn't hurt...

1 - Started to see some white spots all around my hand....whole stretch...
2-Next day the colour changed t greyish... still hurts... It hurts for like 2-3 days...
3- This pic was taken back in uni already... not really clear but the wound started to change colour and peels off... I bought medicine to apply so that's why it peels faster I think...

Now still not fully healed... Arghhh... hope no scar!!! RM50 for all this... haha

Taken on the boat ride back to mainland...

Our bus was at night... So we hanged out at KFC for like 5-6 hours~~

Final set of pictures... end of the trip...

It was a fantastic trip!
Taken part by:

Ai Ting

Boon How

Kian Chiew

Yours truly,
Me

My fav pic! Looks like some snowflakes on top right??? Right????

XD

No comments: