Sunday, August 05, 2012

Hello there...

My new companion!

Haven't gotten a camera in like 5-6 years?
This is the 2nd I've got!
So happy with the camera!
I would say I really love it's specifications and all the functions it can do!


You could say that I bought this for RM800.
I bought a filter for it too for RM80.
Total I've spent on this is RM900 (Including credit card charges).

The camera comes with a 8GB SD memory card Class 6, original Olympus casing and a mini tripod.
The only sad thing I've only realised today was that the original price of this camera is RM1099 (checked on Olympus webpage).
The seller at Low Yat first told me that it was RM1699.
After discount, they offer me RM1122. 
I said it was over my budget so I couldn't get it.
I told the guy I only budgeted for RM700-800.
Then suddenly he thinks for a second and offered me RM799.

Of course I was surprised by the huge jump in price. 
I thought it was normal because apparently that shop is having a close down sale.
So I guess almost everything they sell can be considered cheap...
My mistake was to think that way... sigh..

Rather tempting it is, and really satisfied with it's function and all...
I sorta fell into the trap and got it.
After confirmation, he introduces me the filter RM100, which he then sold to me for RM80.

I've googled and saw the exact same camera selling for RM960 on Lelong.com.
Later on I found the original price on Olympus webpage to be RM1099.
(*arrow stabs in the heart!)
The guy told me RM1699!!!
Still ok I bought it slightly cheaper.

UNTIL I SAW ON ANOTHER WEBPAGE...
Previous deals which ended on April 20, 2012...
Selling for only RM599 (with free casing and memory card).
Then I saw that it's from the same company branch but different location.
(*more arrows shooting in all directions)

Huhu... Oh well...
Though I am very happy and satisfied with the camera, I still feel cheated when the seller told me the price was originally RM1699.
I'd rather buy it more expensive from an honest seller compared to a cheater who just want to make a sale.
He does look honest and perhaps that's why I fell for it at that moment.

You can say that I still managed to buy it cheaper than retail.
Imagine if I hadn't mentioned my budget, I might really have bought it for RM1122!!
Excluding the filter!!
(@_@)"

So, a word of advise (to my future self)...
Google first before buying anything else.

No comments: