Saturday, April 26, 2014

Honeymoon Part 1

Well, it's been awhile since I've last updated. I've yet to update about my wedding here. But let's just jump straight to honeymoon first! I'll blog about my wedding...some time soon! XD

My original plan was to go Europe for honeymoon. But since my wedding is on December, it will be winter so that ain't much fun! Thus, I've listed a few other options. But after comparing, I still chose to go to Maldives.

The reason being is that it is a place of relaxation without any disturbance from the busy daily world... and a peace of mind just appreciating mother nature's beauty. Also for my husband to get a time off from work! Hehe... (the most he could do is just check his email using his handphone when we're at the lobby) ;)

It was definitely true when we say Maldives is like Heaven on Earth. I'm sure there are so many more places that is just as heavenly but this is a really awesome place! Crystal clear water, white sandy beaches and so many fishes! Such a tranquil place! If you're a couple and just want to spend some time off with each other without any disturbances, I'd say this is the place for you!

My wedding was in December 2013, and so I thought I would go to Maldives right after the wedding.But since Xmas is near, the prices are just so expensive! There are compulsory Xmas eve and Xmas(2 days) buffet dinner that you have to pay for which is about RM200-400/head per day depending on the resort.

So I changed my target date to end of Feb 2014, which is after New Year and Valentine's Day! Also the public holidays in Europe apparently coincide on those months too, hence fully booked really really FAST!
I managed to book on 25 Feb 2014 - 2 March 2014.

I was really lucky to get the air flight and resort at a reasonable price. Took me a week or two to find the perfect resort that has really awesome rooms, beautiful fishes, nice corals, good service and good food at a reasonable price. It took me 6-8 hours daily to read reviews and compare. But finally, I found a really good resort and the price fits our budget perfectly. Not to mentioned, Airasia also has promotion to Maldives at that time! If you're wondering about this awesome resort I'm talking about, it's called Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Resort.

At first I used Expedia to check on both flight and resort prices, it was cheaper that way but staying continuously 6 days 5 nights really burns a hole in our pocket! So I had to get them separately so that I can arrange to stay at the resort for 5 days 4 nights and the other night just stay a night at a cheaper hotel in Male. Male is the town nearest to the airport. Probably take 5-10 mins on a ferry to go over.

So below are the prices for my flight and resort:

Flights (To & Fro)
2 Guests(with tax) = RM1622.00
2 AA Insurance = RM68.00
4 x Check in luggage (20kg each) = RM 0.00 (apparently FOC for Maldives flight!)
1 x Direct debit processing fee = RM4.00
2 x Skybus = RM30.80
Total = RM1724.80 (suprisingly Airasia gave free meals on board too!)

Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo Resort (5 days 4 nights) - Water bungalow (it's just awesome staying above water!)
Fullboard (Means 3 meals/day but during lunch and dinner does not include drinks)
Rate per night = RM1618.02
Taxes & Fees = RM723.80
Total = RM7195.88

Total spent for flight and resort = RM 8920.68

For me, RM 9000 was okay for Maldives. It's considered quite cheap really. But of course, there are some other things which was not included. We still have to pay for the airport transfer to the resort, drinks during lunch or dinner, souvenirs, mini bars, snorkeling equipment rentals etc.

I'll continue in Part 2. ^^

At the mean time, some photos!

This pic was not edited at all! Except the part I put the initials... hehe

 That's a seaplane...And that is what we are gonna ride to our resort!
We only took one way and the other to come back by speedboat.
The seaplane per person (to and fro) cost USD447! I guess it depends on which resort.
That's pretty expensive! (At least for me! TT_TT)
But it was an awesome experience to fly in it. It only took us 25 minutes to reach my resort.

 The newlyweds now ready to take off for their honeymoon!! <3 p="">

 Some really nice views from up the sky

 This is a really nice island!
Most of Maldives island appear to be light bluish-white due to the sand, and suddenly became really dark blue outside. This is because the land goes down almost 90 degree deep down! Nothing like a normal beach! So it is very dangerous if one does not swim, please refrain from swimming out to the deep sea.

Last picture for now~! Time to sleep now.
Will post more info soon.

No comments: